- This event has passed.
Re-scheduled Parish Pilgrim Walk Sunday 26th May
May 26 @ 1:45 am
Join our re-scheduled Parish pilgrimage on Sunday 26th May: Starting at SS John & Paul Church at 13.45, the pilgrim walk will go from SS John & Paul Church via Tullyvarraga Hill to Tullyglass Hill, and on to Mary Immaculate Church. Walkers will then return to SS John & Paul Church by the river path. The total distance is approx 6 km or 3 km from one Church to the other. The walk should be finished by 4pm or earlier.
– Who is invited? People in good health and capable of walking the distance across the two hills and back. If you physically are not able to do the complete walk, you can walk part of the journey.
– Dress for the weather and wear a good pair of walking shoes or boots.
– Bring water and something to eat along the way, if you wish.
– If you feel that the full walk might be a bit too much, why not walk one or other leg of the journey between the Churches?
– The route across the two hills involves a modest climb on each hill and some uneven ground.
– For those with mobility issues, why not join us at SS John & Paul Church for a short reflection before the walk sets off? There will be short reflection breaks at each Church and along the route.
– Please note that children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This is in keeping with safeguarding guidelines.
– Please arrange your own transport to collect you wherever you decide to stop off.
– Shannon Parish will not accept any responsibility for loss of property or injury for this walk.
We look forward to sharing a lovely Pilgrimage together and refreshments will be served at SS John & Paul Church at the conclusion of the Pilgrimage.
For further details, please phone 086 1205345.