*****Resumption of Public Masses in Shannon Parish*****
On behalf of Shannon Pastoral Council, we are delighted the time has arrived where we can welcome you back to the celebration of Public Masses in Shannon Parish, which will commence on Friday July 3rd at 7pm in SS John and Paul Church.
The following guidelines will help parishioners in making the transition back to joining us for Masses.
- The Irish Bishops have permitted the extension of the Sunday Obligation for the time being.We have decided to celebrate Sunday Masses in Shannon Parish beginning on Friday evening at 7pm and concluding on Sunday at 12.15pm for the period of July 3rd to July 19th When you attend any of the scheduled Masses you are fulfilling your Sunday Obligation. Weekday Masses will not be celebrated in public during this time.
- The Schedule of Masses offer you the opportunity of attending an indoor or outdoor celebration, and enables us to reach out to as many as possible. We encourage you to return to the celebration of Mass, but we are mindful and respectful of those who wish to stay at home for the moment and join us on webcam and parish radio.In addition, we remind anyone who has the symptoms that might suggest Covid-19 infection, or who has been in recent contact with someone who has the virus MUST stay home and follow HSE advice.
- The full list of Sunday Masses for the period July 3rd to July 19th is as follows;
SS John and Paul Church
Friday at 7pm (Indoor)
Saturday at 6.30pm (Church Grounds)
Sunday at 10am (Church Grounds)
Sunday at 12.15pm (Church Grounds)
Mary Immaculate Church
Saturday at 12noon (Indoor)
Sunday at 9am (Indoor)
Sunday at 11am (Church Grounds)
Please inform yourself of the times and venues for such celebrations. Do bear in mind we are restricted to numbers who gather indoors. We also ask you respect social distancing and be guided by the stewards. For Masses outdoors please come prepared for Irish weather (rain gear, umbrella, etc).
- Most of the Masses will be broadcast on the webcam, parish radio 105.6FM, facebook, and Church loudspeaker depending on the Church.
- Parking will be available as normal at Mary Immaculate Church and SS John and Paul Church.For outdoor Masses, parishioners are welcome to remain in their car if they choose to do so.
- Stewards will be present to assist and ensure health and safety.When you arrive to the Church, the stewards will be there to assist you to your seat, and guide you for the reception of Holy Communion, which will be distributed at the end of Mass. Entry into both Churches will be 1-way only, through the main door of both, and exiting will be through all doors.
- We ask everyone attending an indoor Mass to use the hand sanitizers at the doors on entering and exiting.
- At all Sunday Masses collections will be taken up at the usual times.Baskets will be fitted with extension poles, so as to avoid the passing of the basket between parishioners. Your also welcome to place your contribution to the Parish Office, or use the ‘donate’ button on our website. Continued thanks for your support.
- Toilet facilities will NOT be available during Masses.
- We wish to reassure you that many of the measures introduced are there to ensure your safety.This is a new experience for us all, and if some things need changing we will do so.
- We take this opportunity to thank you for continuing to connect with us.We look forward to having your company for Masses. To all the volunteers whose support permits us to resume Masses, we thank you!
May God continue to bless you with health, protection, and safety!